Thursday, August 18, 2011

Inspiration from the easel: Capernaum

Often people ask me to donate paintings for fundraisers.  Sometimes I give new paintings I've made for fundraisers and sometimes I give some old paintings I already have on  hand. This week, I've been working on a painting called Capernaum for the Young Life Capernaum event on September 8th.

Last fall, I first met Tobias Haglund, the Area Director of Young Life Capernaum. Tobias and I got to know each other and to do stuff together. He comes up to my house to see me, and once took me to the Pirates dinner theatre, or to the beach. I was able to help him at the Capernaum Talent show by filming with two cameras.

I painted Capernaum which is a town described in the Bible where men lowered a sick man through the roof of a house in the book of Luke and Mark. They named the ministry Capernaum since people like Tobias find a way to get people with disabilities to Jesus, no matter what it takes.

I am not done with this yet but here is a picture of the work in progress.

1 comment:

  1. I am eager to see the capernaum picture....and hear how your college classes are going...love you, grandma Jo

    ReplyDelete